Sunday, December 21, 2008

Blair the Model? / Motions Casting


So I got a call from my agency to go to a "go-see" for Motions hair care line....(sigh). First off I'm really funny about doing anything for hair products because the last time I did it the woman died my hair Gene Grey-red and it fell out. Ok. That's reason one. Reason two is that...well there is no reason two that's the bloody reason and it's good enough! :) But, we all know by now that I am an actor that models. Not the other way around. So when I walk into a go-see and I see these girls get all primpy  and hear fake ass giggling from the audition room, it's a personal nightmare. Don't me get wrong I like modeling. It's playing dress up for crying out loud! And what girl doesn't like to play dress up?! It's just the go-sees. You know you take two or three pictures and they say goodbye, you run into same annoying girl every go-see (and she can't stay out of the mirror btw), you hear girls blab about what photographers they hated and blah, blah,blah, then the worst happens.....you hear the model that says "I'm trying to get into acting"...(sigh). Listen, there's been a few that crossed over successfully and have my respect (Uma Thurman) but lets face it...... I'd rather you finish the sentence. I'm sorry to ruffle feathers but I feel that it makes more sense for an actor to model than the other way around. When you watch America's Next Top Model" Tyra usually takes these girls to some sort of acting class. You won't see an acting coach take their students to modeling class. Listen, all modeling is, is a still form of acting and since stills came before motion don't you think it's easier for a motion to become a still than a still to become motion? If you don't believe me just pause your DVD....there's your still. Now try to make your picture move......exactly.

PS: I'm such a hater today! I know it. I like everyone, but I love my art form. Please respect it. Please.

Long live the actor!! God Bless.

No comments: