Sunday, December 21, 2008

Applaud the Artist!


I suppose this is one of those times where the struggle gets a little hard. One of those times where you ask yourself "how am I going to make it?" Note I said "how" not "when". When is of no consequence to me. Things happen when they are supposed to. But how? How am I going to climb out of the well when I can't fly? How am I going to deal with the pressure of loved ones who don't understand who I am and what I do?...After all...are'nt they the the ones that are supposed to be there for me at times like this? Tell me. Where is the applause when you're struggling? Where is the pat on the back when things get hard? Where? I'll tell you where it is. Its on the other side. The side of "when". They only want to applaud when you make it! Never mind how you got there because the "how" was to much for them to bear with you. So, like the old saying goes, if you want something done you got to do it yourself. Just don't expect me to appreciate the conditional admiration when I make it.

PS: Above is one of the most honest photos of myself. Whoever loves this. Loves me.

Keep your head up artist! Have faith and God Bless.

1 comment:

Benedicthadley said...

You deserve a standing ovation.